09 April, 2011

Sights of the Neighborhood

Today I took a nice long walk after my (late) lunch, with Fante. It is a nice gray afternoon, pleasantly warm - a light jacket is required, but no sunglasses. I think I earned my Vitamin D today.

Fun things today:
1) I took time to veer from the sidewalk/path, to take Fante down to the lake. He was a little leery of the water as it lapped against the rocky/sandy "beach" (it was all of 10 feet long) but he was alert and attentive to the shifting mini-waves. And he was adventurous in climbing through bits of sand and over rocks!
2) A group of ~10 middle-school-aged boys passed us near the community center. One of the boys called out, "I like your dog!" Yeah. My dog rocks. He even wins over cute-loving middle-school boys. Not many dogs can do that.
3) Just after that, I saw two birds kind of fighting in mid-air. It looked like it belonged in Harry Potter or something. I've never seen that before!
4) Jon Stewart semi-impersonating Glen Beck (Thurs, April 7 episode) AND Jamie Oliver being interviewed in the same episode?!? HI. LAR. I. OUS. It was fantastic.
5) Amazon rocks too. Just by being a student (having a .edu email address), I get free shipping. I just bought an important SAS textbook - and "supplemented" the purchase with a Sword of Truth trilogy (to take the 1 I haven't read yet with me on vacation NEXT MONTH!!), and pre-ordered a new movie (click here. for information and to see the trailer!).
6) A good friend suggested that I use my imagination more in life. Sometimes, she puts on a cute apron, heels, and lipstick while cooking dinner and pretends she's in France. I think I'm going to have to devise new ways to imagine myself in a more exciting place in the coming months, with the dear husband preparing to live separately from me while I finish school (his new job is too far from home for him to commute from home, and too far from my school for me to commute. bummer.). I'm thinking of covering my windows with New Zealand landscapes... and that prompted me to change my time zone on this blog to Auckland. Baby steps...

Time to work...

No comments: