27 April, 2011

On a new trajectory

I'm trying to help myself be positive by writing blogs about good things at least a couple of times per week.

Today, I got to run before walking my dog. It felt great - and even though it was a gray, rainy day, I managed to pick a window of the afternoon where the sun peeked out from behind the clouds! During my run, I made plans for a fantastic supper (sweet potato/black bean burrito with dilled sour cream and home-made salsa; spinach; a little cottage cheese dessert). And I made plans to start a big surprise for my husband when he comes home this weekend. Part of that surprise is highly dependent on the weather, though, so I'm keeping quiet about it (plus, he might actually read this?! I don't know if he even knows that I still have this blog, or even if he's ever looked at it.) Also on my run I saw several middle schoolers (track team?) out running. They were FLYING and looked like they were having a lot of fun together. I love seeing active kids having fun!

And speaking of having fun, I'm officially helping to organize a screening of a new comedy in my home town! If you live near me and want more information, contact me via facebook or email. I'm hoping it comes together soon. I'm looking for a good laugh.

Another cool thing was that my dentist's office called. Since I've recommended her to 3 people who have subsequently started being her patients, she wanted to give me an electric toothbrush! (The first 2 referrals landed me movie tickets and a target gift card.) I already have one though... so I guess I have some other fun thank-you gift coming to me?! Wow! If you live near me and want a great dentist, let me know! Not because I want more gifts from my dentist, but because, YES, she really is that great of a dentist.

All those "roses" of today far outweigh the "thorn" of today: grading projects. And I'm not going to dwell on that any longer. I'm going to turn on Pandora music and plug away in hopes that I actually make progress today.

No comments: