31 December, 2011

Statistics are the bane of my existence.

No matter how much I understand some statistical concept in a meeting, I almost never can figure it out on my own the next day (...or week or month, depending on when I pick it up again...). Power analyses are terrible, and they shouldn't be that bad. But I'm trying to do them for my research, and even though I've met with a statistician AND just talked with my advisor yesterday, I can't for the life of me get numbers that make sense.

When will this be over??? I know I have funding for two years starting in October (yes, of 2012)... and that's great, but I'd rather graduate before Oct 2014. WELL before that.

I guess I can only get back to work... each hour I do now is an hour less that I have to work past August of 2013 on this research project, as a friend reminded me the other day. And that is a happy thought.

No comments: